Status Update

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if the developer(s) could give us any sort of a status update on how the project is coming along? I realize that a beta release takes a lot of effort, and usually a lot of time, but there have been no even one line updates since the beginning of October.

Curious more because I want to know if the project is still alive and well, or abandoned. I'll wait a long while for a new, great MU client that is tailored to work with Vista/7, but like many others, I don't want to wait in vain. ;)

Thanks!
Nov 19, 2008 at 9:51 AM
The GUI needs to be done. The current interface was just a soda can by comparison to what it may look like when it goes beta. Also the dev staff has been pretty busy with other things, so just give them time.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Wow, a user. o_O; Ahem, its kind of shocking to get this post, though I suppose I should pay attention to my actual download statistics.

I can say work is continuing if a bit slowly. The Windows 7 announcements have given me some further inspiration and I'm trying to push forward now to get another release out. The next UI jump as Mark said is a big one as I'm adding tabbing and basic saved data support so that's a lot of pieces that all have to be implemented at once.

The post is a nice kick in the pants for me though and I'll see if I can get some kind of release out for the start of December!
Dec 26, 2008 at 7:41 PM
Well, glad to see the progress that has been made. 

I've been shopping the website to a few of my friends that happen to be near my laptop when I go 'oh hey, wanna see something neat?' A lot of them are oldschool SimpleMU or MUSHClient users, and pretty ingrained in their usage...

But if you manage to put this together, and it is much more seamless with Vista/7, I think you'll find a lot of people becoming very interested in the software. 

Just thought I'd share that, a little something to keep the engines burning. Happy holidays. :) 
Mar 13, 2009 at 4:53 AM
Any further updates on this project, or has it fallen out of active development?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2009 at 7:06 AM
Its still going somewhat slowly, I've done some work on the setup and also some improvements to improving core performance of text rendering and scrolling which has taken some time. Those changes I've published as source code but not as a compiled build yet.

Being the only current dev means that if my RL gets busy, my coding gets slower. Hope to have something more significant to say soon!